Fuel Up to Play 60 is:
- An in-school nutrition and physical activity program launched by National Dairy Council (NDC), Dairy MAX and the National Football League, in collaboration with United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- A fun and easy way to support school wellness efforts and policies while empowering students to be leaders in healthy eating and physical activity.
- A student-recognized program that uses the star-power of the NFL encouraging students to eat healthy (consume low-fat and fat-free dairy foods, fruits, vegetables and whole grains) and get active at least 60 minutes every day.
- A great complement to existing school wellness efforts - providing resources, tools and rewards for students, Program Advisors and schools.
You can do it in six easy steps!
- An adult (or adults) sign up as the school’s Program Advisor (often a PE teacher, health teacher or wellness coordinator).
- Program Advisors complete six simple steps on the Fuel Up to Play 60 website, including a completing a Healthy Eating Play and a Physical Activity Play. Students get involved as part of a Student Team or by supporting their school.
- Schools have access to free resources, tools and can participate in optional contests for cool prizes!