Chocolate Dalgona Coffee
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- ⅓ cup instant coffee
- ⅔ cup instant coffee, decaffeinated
- 1 cup water
- 1 gallon and 2 cups milk, chocolate, fat free
- 1 quart and 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 ⅔ cups instant coffee
- 3 ⅓ cups instant coffee decaffeinated
- 1 quart and 1 cup water
- 5 gallons and 2 quarts and 2 cups milk, chocolate, fat-free
Protein: 9.31 g
Carbohydrate: 34.22 g
Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Total Fat: 0.01 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 5.0 mg
Sodium: 151.24 mg
Sugar: 30.18 g
Critical Control Point (CCP): No bare-hand contact with ready-to-eat food.
CCP: Hold and serve at 41° F or below.
- Combine water, sugar, and instant coffees in a stand mixer bowl, large bowl, or container. Expect volume to triple.
- Using the whisk attachment on a stand mixer or hand mixer, whisk vigorously for 2-4 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Dalgona will resemble coffee-colored whipped cream.
- To heat in bulk: Pour milk into stockpot. Warm over medium-low heat until tiny bubbles start to form around the edges. Stir occasionally so a skin doesn't form. Warm until temperature reaches 150° F-160° F.
- Transfer to an insulated beverage dispenser and dispense 8 ounce into 12-ounce cup.
- Just before service, use a no. 8 scoop to distribute ½ cup servings onto 8 ounces of milk.
- One serving provides 8 ounces fluid milk. CCP: No bare-hand contact with ready-to-eat food.
- The amount of instant coffee needed will vary by brand. Adjust quantity to provide 8 oz of coffee per latte according to package instructions. Store latte in cooler up to one week or until expiration date of milk, depending on which one comes first.
- Single Serving Directions:
- Place 8 ounces milk in 12-ounce cup.
- Using a frothing wand or microwave, heat milk to 140° F. Microwaving times will vary. Average time in microwave is 1 minute 40 seconds.
- Just before service, use a no. 8 scoop to distribute ½ cup servings onto 8 ounces of milk. Serve with a spoon or stir stick for students to combine Dalgona with milk. Note: Unmixed, Dalgona whip has a strong flavor that may be unappealing to students. Mixing is highly encouraged. Dalgona Coffee may be stored in an airtight container up to one day. After one day, product quality is compromised.
- CCP: Hold for hot service at 135° F or higher.