Strawberry Apple Smoothie
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups yogurt, Greek, vanilla, fat-free
- 1 pound and 2 ounces strawberries, frozen
- 1 quart milk, fat-free
- 3 quarts applesauce
- 3 quarts yogurt, Greek, vanilla, fat-free
- 6 pounds and 12 ounces strawberries, frozen
- 1 gallon and 2 quarts milk, fat-free
- 3 gallons of applesauce
- 3 gallons yogurt, Greek, vanilla, fat-free
- 27 pounds strawberries, frozen
- 6 gallons milk, fat-free
Protein: 18.05 g
Carbohydrate: 50.66 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.20 g
Total Fat: 0.40 g
Saturated Fat: 0.29 g
Cholesterol: 8.30 mg
Sodium: 143.42 mg
Sugar: 43.39 g
Critical Control Point (CCP): No bare-hand contact with ready-to-eat food.
- Place the applesauce in the refrigerator the day before making smoothies.
- In a 5-gallon bucket, combine the applesauce, Greek yogurt and frozen strawberries. Pour the milk on top. Blend the mixture using an immersion blender until pureed and smooth. Taste the smoothie and if the texture is not smooth, continue blending.
Note: A 5-gallon bucket can hold 24 servings.
- Pour 22 ounces of smoothie into 24-ounce cups evenly and top with a lid.
CCP: Hold and serve at 41°F or below.
CCP: No bare-hand contact with ready-to-eat food.
- Two cups applesauce = 2 cups fruit puree.
- One pound 2 ounces frozen strawberries = 2 cups fruit puree
- One serving provides 1 ounce meat/meat alternate, 1 cup fruit and 1 cup milk
- Fruit (puree) in smoothies credits as fruit juice. Fruit puree was weighed and measured without the addition of water or other ingredients.
- One smoothie can credit as a reimbursable breakfast meal (3 items).