Professional Standards Training
As a leader in school wellness and nutrition science, Dairy MAX offers free trainings to help you enhance your nutrition or physical activity program and meet your district’s wellness goals. All trainings are virtual and meet either USDA Professional Standards requirements or continuing professional education requirements.
Check out our insightful and engaging sessions below.
A Road Map to Meals in the Classroom
Category: 3000 – Administration, Subcategory: 3500 – Facilities and Equipment Planning, Title: 3510 – Evaluate/plan facilities and equipment to meet program goals
Category: 3000 – Administration, Subcategory: 3200 – Program Management, Title: 3240 – Develop and implement emergency and disaster plans as needed
- Explore different Alternative Meal Service Models and how they can help you maximize meal service while following safety guidelines
- Identify the right Alternative Meal Service Model for your program
- Discover ways to repurpose existing equipment to support Alternative Meals Service Models and learn about new equipment options
Moving Meals Through Marketing
Category: 4000 – Communications and Marketing, Subcategory: 4100 – Communications and Marketing, Title: 4110 – Develop strategic plans and marketing plans that reflect program goals and enhance interaction
- Discover the tactics of effective marketing, merchandising and promotion
- Learn how to use social media to reach your students and elevate your nutrition program
- Hear about Generation Z and their marketing preferences
Chill Out: Ensuring Food Safety
Resources available in both English and Spanish
Category: 2000 – Operations, Subcategory: 2500 – Receiving and Storage, Title: 2520 – Apply safe and effective inventory receiving and storage procedures
Category: 2000 – Operations, Subcategory: 2600 – Food Safety and HACCP, Title: 2620 – Practice general food safety procedures
- Examine why food safety is a top priority in school nutrition programs
- Learn the best practices for keeping foods at the correct temperatures and out of the “danger zone,” no matter what service model you use
- Discover ways to maintain food safety while adapting meal service due to COVID-19
SHAPE America: Reach Touchdown From A to Z
Training meets continuing professional education (1 credit hour) requirements for physical educators, health educators, teacher preparation faculty and more.
- Hear from certified SHAPE America trainer Ellen Abbadessa
- Review unique ways to execute a yearlong healthy eating and physical activity program that meets SHAPE standards and promotes wellness literacy
- Explore essential nutrition and physical education questions that enhance understanding of Fuel Up to Play 60 and MyPlate
Schedule Your Training
To take advantage of free expert advice and discuss how we can partner on trainings and enhance school nutrition programs, contact your Dairy MAX School Wellness Consultant today.