Dairy Max's Dairy Discovery Zone Returns to 2022 New Mexico State Fair
Hands-on, kid-friendly exhibit now open inside Expo New Mexico
ALBUQUERQUE, NM – Sept. 8, 2022 – Today, Dairy MAX, a nonprofit dairy council representing more than 900 dairy farm families across eight states, opened its fan-favorite Dairy Discovery Zone at New Mexico’s largest event, the 2022 New Mexico State Fair. The fair runs from now until Sept. 18, 2022.
While at the Dairy Discovery Zone, visitors take a farm-to-table journey, enjoy interactive experiences and celebrate dairy farming as part of a self-guided, interactive experience. Specific activities for families include the chance to:
- Play, interacting on digital walls and tables, playing trivia and exploring word games to learn about dairy sustainability.
- Dance, showing off moves on an arcade-style game and scoring to reveal dairy secrets.
- Build, getting in the farmer mindset by creating a digital dairy farm: choosing a home, cow feed, cow breed and more.
- Explore, entering a refurbished 1965 Divco milk truck to embark on an interactive journey tracking milk from the farm to the kitchen table.
- Learn, discovering how dairy fits well with daily nutrition needs for kids and adults and how farmers use recycling to help the planet.
- Smile, grabbing some cow-ear hats, milking an animatronic cow, snapping some selfies and entering to win a prize package.
The exhibition was created nearly a decade ago and updated in 2021 to build understanding around the benefits of dairy and the daily work of local dairy farmers. In addition to dairy foods tasting great, the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend three servings daily for a healthy diet.
About Dairy MAX
Founded more than 40 years ago, Dairy MAX is one of the leading regional dairy councils in America – representing more than 900 dairy farmers and serving communities in eight states: Colorado, southwest Kansas, Louisiana, Montana, New Mexico, western Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming. A nonprofit organization, Dairy MAX is part of a nationwide effort to support dairy farming and drive impact for every dairy farmer, while promoting American agriculture. The organization operates five audience outreach programs: business development, consumer marketing, health and wellness, industry image and relations and school marketing. For more information about Dairy MAX and its team of experts, visit DairyMAX.org. Dairy resources and delicious recipes are available at DairyDiscoveryZone.com.
About the New Mexico State Fair
The annual fair partners with approximately 350 vendors and reflects the unique heritage of New Mexico through agricultural and livestock competitions and other attractions embedded in the state’s rural roots. Vendors provide an abundance of distinctive foods and unique products for over 500,000 New Mexicans and visitors to enjoy. For more information on this year’s event, visit StateFair.ExpoNM.com.